2.3 The Life Processes Of Plants
1. Life processes that plants carry out include :
a) Response to stimuli
RESPONSE TO STIMULI
1. Plants are responding to the following stimuli
- The roots of a plant grow towards gravity but the shoot grows away from the gravity.
- The roots of a plant grows towards the water.
- The shoot of a plant grow towards the sunlight.
- The mimosa plant responds to touch by folding up its leaflets.
Video Of Plants Respond To Stimuli
1.To ensure the survival of their species.
2. Plants will become extinct if they do not reproduce.
3. Plants reproduce in several different ways.
The balsam plant
The papaya tree
THROUGH STEM CUTTING
The sugarcane plant
The tapioca plant
The bryophyllum plant
THROUGH UNDERGROUND STEM
The potato plant
The ginger plant